Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why the Gym is a Mom's Best Friend

Now hear me out.  I know many of you are going to roll your eyes and think I've lost it.  But I haven't.  I have discovered the secret to being a happy stay at home mom.  Twice a week I take Riley to a playgroup at the library and once a week we go to a parent-toddler co-op preschool.  Those groups are great.  I have met all my local mom friends there and are always a great source for playdates.  However, the other two days I'm usually at a loss.  That is why the gym is a lifesaver.  It's guarenteed childcare, me time and a shower all in one.  I drop him off at the nursery and he loves it.  It took a couple weeks for him to get fully acclimated but now he runs in and says "Bye Mommy" before I can get him signed in.  There are new and exciting toys and he gets to be social.  The I get to go work out.  Depending upon how I'm feeling I may have a great workout or just take a stroll on the treadmill.  Then, here's the best part, I get to go take a shower and get ready.  By myself.  It is so luxurious!  And, if it's a really good day, I dry my hair and put make-up on.  I don't care how broke we are when David is in school, I will sell off my car if it means I can keep the gym membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment